Sunday, October 10, 2010

Chi-town shout-out!

Congrats to everyone who turned out for the Bank of America Chicago Marathon this morning! Despite unseasonably high temperatures, several competitors shattered records on the flat, speedy course, including Liliya Shobukhova who won the women's race in 2:20:25 while setting new personal and Russian records in the process. Check Runner's World fast-mo video of the 38,000 plus runners who crossed the start line. After watching that, not sure I'm ready for the sheer mass of people at the MCM....



Of course, special loving goes to Christine, who ROCKED her first marathon. I'm not sure what is more inspiring - her 4:10 finish time or the fact that in true Schtinie form, she chugged a mini-PBR at mile 22. Very tempted to sub out an energy gel for a beer in the latter half of my race. Potential poor life decision?

5 comments:

  1. Mini PBR on mile 22? Christine, you are my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will NOT be part of my race plan. I am impressed though, of course. By both things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm aiming to accomplish 1/2 of those things. Guess which one? Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me just tell you, that beer was the best part of my race. Cold, refreshing, and totally delicious.

    ReplyDelete