Monday, October 24, 2011

Smells like fall

And tastes like it too. I was too hungry to take a photo of our deliciously autumnal dinner last night, but luckily the leftovers look and taste just as good.

On Saturday, I picked up some butternut squash and prosciutto ravioli at Eataly. Not wanting to compete with the fresh pasta, I tossed them in a brown butter and sage sauce - so simple, no recipe is really required. Just throw a few tablespoons of butter into a pan, cook until the butter begins to brown, and add the sage leaves. Voila. Then top with some cripsy pancetta, pine nuts, truffle oil, and grated parmigiano reggiano and you're all set for a fantastic meal.

While I didn't make my own pasta this time, if you're keen on trying your hand at it - take a look at this great recipe from Serious Eats. Happy fall everyone!

1 comment: